Behold, my very first baked post!
Hmmm…that came out wrong. I have an uncanny gift for things coming out wrong. My fifth graders will tell you. But anyways, that’s not what I’m talking about here.
I am sure you have guessed it by now. I am not a big baker. Measuring is not my forté; sugar and flour are not normally my friends (unless they are part of a marinade or a roux, that is). I am all about tasting as you go, feeling the flavor, and surprising myself with the results.
But sometimes, just sometimes….all I want is a fresh, homemade muffin. And, after much tweaking (trust me!), this blueberry-banana muffin is the only one I crave these days, especially on cold, winter mornings like today. Hot from the oven, smothered in butter (if that’s your thing…I’m certainly not above butter) and washed down with a mug of hot coffee, you’ll be set for a wonderful weekday. ¡Buen provecho!
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed/flax seed meal (optional, but great fiber and omega3 boost!)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 2 bananas, mashed
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat oven to 350 F. Line a 12-muffin tin with paper liners or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix flour, baking soda and baking powder, flax seed, salt, and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, brown sugar until well combined, then add in the banana and oil. Fold in fresh blueberries.
- Slowly add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, being thorough but careful not to overmix. Pour into muffin tins and bake for 20 minutes at 350.