Hola foodie friends. It’s been a while! Life has been a bit loco to say the least as we just finished relocating from Houston back to Austin. What can I say? We’re Austin peeps, born and bred. We just can’t get enough of our city. While the Houston chapter has been short and sweet, I have adored every last bit of it. From making lifelong friends (one of which named this recipe for me…thanks Melissa!) to exploring the diverse restaurant scene, Houston has won a new little space in my heart (and that’s coming from someone who drug her stubborn, hippie heels all the way here) Houston, I will always love you (and will most certainly come back for you often)….but Austin, here we come (again)!
When life gets a little chaotic, healthy, delicious recipes like this Cha-Cha Chicken Salad are a perfect meal on the go. Wrapped in radicchio leaves (pictured) or on a buttery croissant, you really can’t go wrong! Buen provecho, y’all.
- 1 whole chicken (rotisserie or smoked) preferred parts shredded
- ½ cup bulgarian (whole milk) yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon/splash sweet vinegar (i.e.pomegranate, plum)
- 1 Tablespoon honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cups chopped nuts or seeds (walnuts, pecans, whole sunflower seeds)
- Shred chicken in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl (or better yet...large container you will be using to store chicken salad) whisk together yogurt, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, garam masala, cayenne pepper, black pepper and sea salt. Add shredded chicken to the wet mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Add in celery, scallions, raisins, and seeds/nuts and combine. Serve cold in radicchio leaves or bread/croissant!