Some mornings I wake up and my body is undeniably demanding, “ I need greens!” And while I do consider myself a healthy eater, I will never be one of those people who can eat a big green salad first thing in the morning. So, I cheat. This smoothie looks healthy (and pretty) due to the oh-so-clever addition of spinach, but you can’t even taste it, and you get an added iron boost. Win-win. Furthermore, it is packed full of protein from the creamy almond butter and almond milk, the cinnamon helps stabilize blood pressure and can help lower LDL (bad cholesterol). Oh…AND it’s delicious and keeps you satisfied for hours! What’s not to love?
- 2 frozen (or fresh) bananas
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 2 cups (16 oz) sweetened vanilla or chocolate almond milk (amount depends on desired consistency)
- 2 Tablespoons almond butter
- ½ teaspoon coconut or flax oil
- Blend to combine! Add ice if using fresh banana. ¡Buen provecho!