Happy almost 4th of July! I thought of no better way to kick off the holiday weekend than with a festive rosé, white and blue cocktail. It’s part cocktail, part smoothie, part dessert, but wholly delicious. Even though I can’t partake in the cocktails this year, I had some taste testers nearby (funny how that always happens!) who gave this one an emphatic two thumbs up. It’s a breeze to make, too. Just be sure to plan ahead of time so you can freeze the rosé.
Buen provecho and happy 4th of July, y’all!
- 1 bottle full-flavored, full- bodied rosé
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- ½ cup simple syrup (1/2 cup water + ½ cup sugar + squeeze of lemon)
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- blueberries for serving
- About 6 hours before serving, pour a bottle of rosé in a plastic bag and place it flat in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, if you don't have simple syrup, make some by boiling equal parts water and sugar. I like to add a squeeze of lemon to mine as well. Let it cool.
- Make the coconut cream by opening up a can of coconut milk (do not shake!!) and scooping off the solid, white portion of the coconut milk on the top. Place in a blender and pulse with ¼ cup simple syrup. Refrigerate the cream until ready to serve.
- When it's go time, remove rosé from freezer (it won't be totally frozen because of the alcohol) along with the strawberries. Blend rosé, strawberries, and simple syrup until combined. If it's not frozen enough, crush in some ice cubes. Place in the freezer until ready to serve.
- Once you're ready to serve, add a dollop of coconut cream and top with blueberries.